Ss Peter and Paul Church

A church at the heart of the village, with the village in its heart.

The Church Yard

The church clock is on the South face of the tower and was erected in 1898, the money having been raised to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee in 1897.  It was restored in 1998 and a new clock face to put on; this work was paid for by the civil Parish Council.

Clock  outside


west door  

Don’t forget to look around the churchyard for tombs with pictures and images carved into them


Graves


graves


Graves


graves


graves




Although the churchyard is closed to new burials we are able to bury ashes and have a dedicated area for them next to the war memorial.


ashes plot


The war memoral was damaged in 2016 but a new stone was erected during 2019 by Gary Newton.  It is an exact relica of the previous cross that was broken during a storm.  Huge thanks to Borden Parish Council for covering the cost of the repairs


war memorial


war memorial1 the broken War Memorial


scaffolding being sortedwar memorial 2   war memorial 3


war memorai 4 war memorial 5 work in progress


war memorial 6 war memoria 7


We are also fortunate to have some beautiful gardens that are tended by a group of volunteers

ground   ground


ground  garden 1 


garden 2


garden 3


garden 4


garden 5


We also have Commonwealth War Graves in the grounds too


war graves    war grave


We have, very recently, had to repair the front door as they had begun to fall apart.


old door


new doors  door new  door new


door new  door new


Every detail from the old front door skin was replicated in the replacement cover.  Up to 80% of the original inner door was also saved thanks to the expertise of Kathy Collins, our church warden, and everyone at North Kent Joinery.  Thank you to the Friends of Borden Church for meeting the cost of the doors.


Finally we re beginning to look at the trees in the church yars and remove some of the lower branches so visitors can see from one side to the other.

churchyard church yard


church yard